Drinking Fountains Update

I have been continuing with my campaigning to see public drinking fountains restored and installed in order to improve access to free drinking water throughout the West End Ward.

Although this has proved difficult in certain instances, I have now received assurances from various developers undertaking major development in the ward, including those at Ham Yard, Hanover Square and Newman Street that they will install and maintain publicly accessible drinking fountains.

I am also working with the Council and private organisations to further this aim.

I have raised this issue both at a London level and repeatedly with Ministers, most recently with Caroline Spelman (Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs) where she confirmed her support for the proposals.

Although progress has been frustratingly slow it is an important project that I will continue to pursue.


This entry was posted on Monday, 21 March 2011 and is filed under ,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply